Sunday, December 31, 2023

Writing Q&A

 

In todays blog post I thought I would answer nine questions related to writing and my career as a writer


1. What inspired you to pursue a career in writing?


My mother started writing her own book series when I was a little girl and I wanted to just be like her; and while my life hasn’t turned out how I pictured it would I am very happy that it has turned out that I can write for a living and share my stories with the world. 


2. How do you stay motivated when facing writer's block?


I work on multiple stories at a time so when I face writers block I just put a pin in that book and work on another. At a later date I will reread my story and if I am still stuck I will move on from that scene and come back to it after. 


3. What's your writing process like from idea generation to publication?


I address this in my book on writing An authors guide to writing by Phoebe M.C. But once I have come up with an idea I write a rough plan on what I want to happen; start writing. Put the book on stand down for three months then edit and self publish it. 


4. How do you balance creativity with the demands of running a writing business?


I will manage all my social media and the demands of advertising etc. through the day and work on my books with the creative side at night. 


5. Could you share a memorable writing success story or milestone in your career?


I think it’s he biggest milestone in my career was seeing the first book in The hybrid series get over 60 buys in the first six months of the book release. The most buys I had ever had in any of my books; and while it only had one five star review I knew that with more improvement I would make my dream come true. 


6. What are the most significant challenges you've faced in treating your writing as a business, and how did you overcome them?


Self doubt for sure; thinking my work isn’t good enough or that no one will like it. I overcome this by looking at my previous book sales; learning what I did wrong in previous books and work out a plan to get better with each book I write. 


7. What advice would you give to writers looking to self-publish their work and market it effectively?


My main advice would be to make sure your book is as good as you can possibly get it and don’t be scared when you don’t see people buying it immediately. On the front of how to market effectively; share the hell out of it. Talk about it whenever you can, make a tiktok and market it that way as well can lead to a lot of sales. 


8. How do you manage your time effectively to balance writing, marketing, and other aspects of your writing business?


I write 2-4 nights a week for around two hours a night and in that time I only focus on my book. Once a week I will bulk film/ write up promotional tweets and posts and then upload them throughout the week in the mornings. 


9. How do you measure success in your writing career, beyond just financial aspects?


While I haven’t actually seen a lot of money from my Amazon books (unlike my HiNovel books) I measure my success by any reviews I get, comments on my social media and just knowing that even if it flops that in writing and editing that book that I learned what to do better for my next book




What other questions do you have for me? If you want to start writing but don’t know where to start consider checking out my book on writing. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CHM7NBL6?ref_=pe_3052080_276849420

No comments:

Post a Comment