Thursday, December 26, 2019

author interview with myself

this blog post is a little bit different. i am going to be doing an author interview with myself. i have self-published one book in the past which i later took down. i am in the editing stages of a book as well as writing another book. {if i have the word project when referring to a book name it means i have not come up with a name for the book as of yet.} 

  1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

    i had always had a love for writing but never did anything about it other than writing short stories for enjoyment. it wasn't until around 2015 that i started to write for other peoples enjoyment. that is when i first joined wattpad and have been writing on there ever since. i love rereading my books from when i first started to now to see how far i have come as a writer. i self-published cut a new adventure back in 2018 but took it down in 2019 because i wasn't happy with it. my wattpad 


     
  2. How long does it take you to write a book?


    it really depends on the book. some of my wattpad books took me two months to finish one even took me two years because i had major writer's block. my project age gap book which is in the editing stages and i am still trying to think of a name took me around seven months to write for just over 26,000 words. i have been writing project transfer for around two weeks and i already have 5,000 words.


     
  1. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

    when i am writing it depends on the day. i try and write every day and m goal for the day is 200 words. some days you sit down and can get 30 words and others you can get 1,500 words it really depends on how the ideas flow on the day. i am easily distracted so i find it easy to get the 200 words but once they are done then i find it difficult to go on but other days i find it so easy. but as long as i have a coffee by my side i don't take a break until the coffee is done. i normally start writing mid-afternoon and will be done within half an hour on a bad day but i have spent hours before writing and totally lost track of time. i really need to make a schedule though.


     
  2. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

  3. this is a tough one. one might argue it is that i normal turn spell check off, grammar is not my strong suit and i write really fast so letters go in the wrong spots and my keyboard sticks so sometimes it won't add a letter. i notice a lot of my the's turn to he's so i prefer to only turn self check on once i have completed a chapter so i can fix the mistakes up with writer's block/ to work out where to go next.
     
  4. How do books get published?

  5. i can't talk much about traditionally published work because none of my books at this stage are published that way. (though i hope project age gap will be) but with self-publishing, i have only ever had one experience so i can only talk about that. i self-published through a website called lulu.com. its a website to buy books as well as self publish both paperbacks, hardback, and ebooks. you upload your writing document and put how many chapters you want on your book. you upload your cover add the blurb on the back and all that sort of stuff. it was a very easy thing to do but is a tad time-consuming.

     
  6. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

  7. most of my book ideas. wattpad, novel and future books included. are thought of in the shower or when i am talking to myself when cleaning etc. while most people find it weird to talk to yourself it is a big part of how i have come up with so many book ideas in the past. once i have the idea i will write out who the characters are there personality, looks, and what i want to happen in the book. if i am basing a location or need information for something i do research both online and in a library.

     
  8. When did you write your first book and how old were you?

  9. if we are counting wattpad as my first written book, which i am since short stories for school and just my eyes isn't really the first book it was back around 2015 and i was twelve years old at the time.

     
  10. What do you like to do when you're not writing?

  11. when i am not writing i am either working on my projects for the business i run or on my youtube channel. i will also be doing school work but that will be finished as of the first of July 2019

     
  12. What does your family think of your writing?

  13. my grandma and grandad don't really talk about it that much. i don't even know if my dad and his family pay any attention to those things in my life but my mum is really supportive. she always listens to bits of my books that i was really excited about and she even beta reads my books for me.

     
  14. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

  15. i think the only really surprising thing for me is actually writing it in a way that is understandable. i knew from the get-go things like publishing wasn't easy since my mother herself is a writer and is writing a trilogy at the moment. she sent her first books around different publishers and wasn't accepted to any so she was self-published. and just like myself she took her first book down and is now editing it and writing the other two. i write in first person present tense for my novels and my wattpad books are written in POV present text so it can be really hard to find ways to write says, replies, etc. 

     
  16. How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?

  17. i have written three novels only two of which will ever (hopefully) see a bookshelf and i have written 23 wattpad novels. it is really hard to say which is my favourite out of all of them. out of my three novels, i would argue that i love project age gap the most when reading it but love project transfer while writing it. when it comes to wattpad it would probably be my bad boy serious that i wrote. and out of that book, one would be my favourite out of it. while i am loving writing the heartless alpha i couldn't say it is my favourite.

     
  18. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

  19. while i do not want to give writing advice out i will tell you one way how i get over writer's block. if you would prefer to listen click the link how i get over writer's block. when i am trying to get over writer's block one way i do so is by re-reading my book and editing it at the same time so that i can remember everything i have written already and be able to have some of my editing done.

     
  20. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

  21. i hear from my readers on wattpad some of the time, most of the time it is them commenting on how they hate one of my characters (normally the villains) personality. or telling me i need to update again because they love the book too much.

     
  22. Do you like to create books for adults?

  23. while none of my books are just for adults, i write for young adults. the only reasoning being is some of my books have things like sexual activity, swearing and some even have things like abuse. all things that you would find in a book for a young adult but not a children's book

     
  24. What do you think makes a good story?

  25. i think what makes a good story is being able to relate to what is happening or has happened to a character / seeing yourself as one of the characters, which is why it is so important to be descriptive. the book also needs to be able to be written in a way that makes people leave whatever they are going through and be transported into the story.


     
  26. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
         as a child, i always wanted to be a teacher and a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment